Zip City will be reopening at noon, Monday, June 15.
Our full summer schedule will be listed on our calendar by June 5.
We will enforce our social distancing plan by doing the following:
- First, we will take electronic temperature readings from a safe distance at the front desk.
- If the state mandates face masks, you can wear your own face mask, or we will have face masks and antibacterial wipes for sale at the front desk.
- We will limit the number of people in the building, including employees, according to state ordinances.
- People in line for the zipline will be standing 6 feet apart.
- You are also welcome to bring your own helmet or use our helmets as we wipe each helmet down antibacterial wipes after each person is done using their helmet, just as we always have done. All Helmets and harnesses will be sprayed or wiped after each use, as usual. We will take extra time for people to embark and disembark to create a safe social distance.
- We will have defined areas that jumpers must stay within so that jumpers do not get too close to each other. We will have a staff member enforcing this rule.
- We will have 2 staff members enforcing kids to not get within 6 feet of each other. Each rock wall station is already 6 feet apart. Again, we will all ensure kids waiting in line for the rockwall will stand 6 feet apart while waiting for their turn.
- We will have a team of people constantly wiping down the entire facility with antibacterial cloths and spray. We already have about a dozen electronic automatic hand sanitizing stations in our facility and that number will increase as needed.
For Zip City, our goals are still the same as before this pandemic: providing a maximum fun experience with a maximum safety process. Our “New Normal” does not differ very much from our “Old Normal.” Our attractions are exactly the same and provide the same amount of fun as before COVID-19. The only difference is the extra safety precautions stated above. There is no doubt other indoor parks will have similar safety changes.
However, Zip City far and away excels over the competition by having a 72,000-square-foot building where it is easier and more comfortable to social distance, making everyone’s experience much safer and more enjoyable. See you soon!